Saturday, April 29, 2006

stick to the rules...

...if you plan on studying in the US, be prepared to receive e-mails like this one.

"Dear Rudy,
It has come to my attention from RA ---- ---- that you were at a gathering of more than 20 people in UAP 401 on April 22, 2006. The Standards of Conduct that were violated were:

a. Any gathering in an individual student room where alcohol is present may not exceed a safe and manageable occupancy for that room. The University defines "safe and manageable occupancy" as no more than three (3) times the residential occupancy for that room (page 30, /Selected Policies Manual/).

18. Disorderly conduct (including disorderliness resulting from intoxication), unreasonable noise or behavior which results in material inconvenience, annoyance or alarm (page 15, /Selected Policies Manual/)

Since your interaction was cooperative and your involvement was minor, there is no need for a formal administrative hearing. This letter serves as your formal warning.

Rudy, I would like to remind you that need to be aware our policies in the Selected Policies Manual. Feel free to contact me at or 503.370.6721 if you have questions or concerns.
Sincerely,
----

--
---- ----
Eastside Area Coordinator
Willamette University
900 State Street
Salem, OR 97301
(503) 370- ---- "


yeah, whatever. hmm...of course, I take the warning seriously, so this is my reply:

"
hi ----,

thanks for your e-mail. it is true, I was at the gathering and there was alcohol involved as well. I just want you to know that this gathering was somehow "relaxed" which means: people were listening to music, some (including me) were sipping beer. this was NOT a drinking competition or anything like that. I am older than 21 but I was aware that there were minors in the room. at that moment I did not think that I was doing anything wrong. I know about the rules though and I am not going to violate them again.

have a nice weekend!

rudy "

plus: freedom is my anti-gov. thank you.

(may 3rd, 2006: I decided to censor the names. not because someone told me to but because I think it´s polite.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

willamette's a bitch... ;)
(nice rebuttal)